Load times become longer as campaign progresses?

I've been having some problems with the Marines campaign, by level 6 my load time is now quite lengthy (the load music will play several times and I can go away and do something else, come back and it's still loading). This is obviously because of the even increasing ammount of data being created for all my units as the campaign progresses.

I have a very fast HDD and RAM but that doesn't seem to matter, it is slowest at the "read data" part.

Anyone have any news or info on this?

I have a multi core processor if that's important.

• 2 weeks later...

There's another thread here somewhere regarding CMSF vs. Multi-core, I forget where so I'll try to replicate the important part...this is if you're using XP like any responsible computer user should be :D

Windows XP as a rule allows processes which are not coded specifically for Multi-core (like CMSF) to use only one of your 2 or 4 cores, which makes some sense because unfortunately most apps are still not coded for multicore, and if they aren't, it doesn't change performance much. You can however change this in the task manager without breaking anything, so it's worth a try. Here's how to do it:

1) While CMSF is running, press ALT-TAB or the Start button to get to your desktop.

2) Press CTRL-ALT-Delete to open the task manager, click on the processes Tab if not already open.

3) Right-Click "CM Shock Force.exe" and click "Set Core Affinity" (or something like that, can't be sure because my XP is in German. Should be the bottom entry in the pop-up menu).

4) Check the boxes next to all available CPUs and click OK. (I love the way this window is future-safe by offering up to 32 CPUs :D....anyone out there have a 32-core CPU? If so where do I get one? Probably for servers or something)

Anyhow, now you've done what you can, the rest is up to CMSF and XP...again it may help and it may not, my guess is not much at best. Also, you will have to repeat this process every time you start CMSF if you find it helps, because whenever you want Windows to remember something, it won't, just like it knows just about everything about your computer usage habits that you wish it didn't, and reports it to Microsoft, the NSA, and Interpol :(

Hope it helps, greetz