Campaign Core File

I am creating a Campaign and have a question about assigning units for individual Battles within the Campaign. For example, if I have Company C designated as one of the Core Units and assign them to Battle 1, Battle 2, and Battle 3, how do I ensure that the gameplay in Battles 2 and 3 will be balanced as far as the number of Units if Company C takes heavy loses in Battle 1? As far as I can tell, when I create Battle 2, Battle 3, etc.. and import the Core File, the units show up fully ready as they look prior to the start of Battle 1.

Chops,

In the script file, check the entries about REFIT, REPAIR RESUPPLY, REST etc.

This is percentage chances of each action on the core units file

From the manual:

The next section in the Battle Entry percentage chance an individual

unit has of being completely replaced if lost, repaired if damaged

(vehicle only), topped off with full ammo, and brought

back to a fully rested sate.

Chops

Short of replacing all of your losses via the script file, the way to 'balance' them is to playtest these missions compiled together several or many times to see just how much damage your core forces can reasonably expect to take. Then adjust the individual missions to account for this reduction. With the exception of the 'virgin' Campaign missions where your core forces are seeing action for the first time and can be playtested individually. However, subsequent missions really should be playtested with reduced forces, i.e. compiled as, without full replacement, it's unlikely that these core units will be at full strength. ESPECIALLY if one or two of the missions are challenging.

Yeah, I know it's a lot of work but, for me, this is when I have the most fun creating a campaign so it's not really work. And it's not necessary to playtest the ENTIRE campaign. I usually make up lots of small 2-3 mission campaigns to see how individual groups fare within the story before doing the BIG playtest. i.e. if Company C sees action in missions 1,3 and 5, only compile 1, 3 and 5 and don't bother with the rest. Saves a lot of time.

Thanks for the very helpful information guys.

So, if Core Unit - Company C takes 90% casualties for example in Battle 1, and the script file parameters for refit are met (65% chance of refit) for Battle 2, will Company C be returned to duty at full strength? Will the new troops be pulled from another Company (ex. Company B) in the Core File?