Request for "Cinematic View" during playback

istari

Having spent significant time with 1.10 over the past week, want to again compliment the Battlefront folks. 1.10 continues to be a terrific experience, with my best moments comparing with the best from CMx1.

So here's my request to make the experience even better:

I love playing WEGO for the cinematic experience (and tension) of watching playback and being able to rewind and watch key moments. While the floating icons, colored bases and other visual aids are good for planning, I'd love to have a "Cinematic View" option, where they would all disappear during playback. I usually end up toggling them off before playback, but it gets old doing this every turn.

This would be a simple Y/N checkbox in the Game Options screen. It would apply only to WEGO playback, and would remove all artificial overlays/icons during playback.

What do others think? Would this be a welcomed option?

Chris

If you want a simple keycommand to switch off everything, why not also have the cinematic view. All cinematic view involves is the program automatically toggling that CTRL-U (or whatever it is) before and after each playback.

Heck, even I could write a script of that complexity!

Chris