CMBB doesn't start properly

Bogdan

Hello there !

I've got a strange problem when starting CMBB. If I start it just after the installation, it works fine. But... ...when I reboot my computer, and then run it, a strange thing appears : the intro begins but after only one second it is reduced to a box named "Combat Mission 2" at the bottom of my desktop, in the menu bar (next to the "Start" button). I click on it, the box is resized to full screen and again, is downsized to a little box in the bar...

It continues during approx. 20-25' (duration of the demo I think), and then the menu appears correctly.

In my opinion, I need to inactive the intro, how can I do that ?

- uninstall Quicktime (???)

- check something in the user preferences file in the CMBB folder ?

CMBB version : CDV - French

no patch, no mods

System :

1,7 Ghz processor

30 Gigs

ATI mobility Radeon

Windows XP

I repeat : the game just works fine. It's only the starting of the game which is difficult.

Please help me to eradicate this problem !

Thanx smile.gif

Actually since you have the CDV version you will need to post this to their tech support site as I don't have the CDV version to check this with.

Having said that, you *should* be able to toggle the intro on and off by holding, IIRC, the space bar while the game loads.

I wish I could help more but CDV should be able to tell you exatcly how to disable the intro.

Madmatt

It's nice to know that even a microscopic message will be read by Madmatt ! Thank you for this answer : the "space bar tip" works ! :D:D

I know my problem wasn't so important, but it irritated me very much (I'm sure you can imagine this !). Last evening I saw your message, tested it and smiled...

...the forum is very efficient, even if your computer doesn't burn or explode, even if all your panzers don't appear pink on the battlefield ! Madmatt is there, looking at every little sorrow. Bravo !

I will look at CDV tech forum (if it exists) but I'm convinced that it's a bad imitation of BFC's one.

Thanks again ! All the best. smile.gif

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Actually since you have the CDV version you will need to post this to their tech support site as I don't have the CDV version to check this with.

...well well well, what about give me an US version for free ? :D:D Then we can talk about it together ! And then I return my CDV copy to you, it would be usefull in this forum ! ;)