The relative move thingy

Jak170

I've been playing around and until now, the relative move orders haven't really been getting on my nerves. It's the way that if i select a bunch of units in a line and move them somewhere, they will form up in a line at the waypoint that I selected.

At times, I want a group of units to converge on a single location instead of standing next to each other in the same pattern as they were when they moved out.

Is there a way to do this?

I'll post some pictures later because its a little hard to describe.

I know what you mean, but that's what moving your guys at 'normal' pace means. They are not ready for combat at the drop of a hat, and probably more inclined to panic when fired upon.

But yeah, sometimes the collection of men move in strange ways. Like when I hunted my 13 marines forward and they came under fire they all dived to the ground in a neat little circle, arranged neatly toe to head.

With so many things going on that these little oddities will occur, no matter how many times they are tweaked I guess.

I have some picture representations of what I mean:

RelativeMovement.jpg

VS

Pin-PointMovement.jpg

In 1.08, the units moved a little out of the way so that they wouldn't just clump but now, they move to completely different action spots. Its kind of annoying especially when commanding large numbers of spread out units.

I've been playing around and until now, the relative move orders haven't really been getting on my nerves. It's the way that if i select a bunch of units in a line and move them somewhere, they will form up in a line at the waypoint that I selected.

At times, I want a group of units to converge on a single location instead of standing next to each other in the same pattern as they were when they moved out.

Is there a way to do this?

I'll post some pictures later because its a little hard to describe.

I am not sure, but I think it is not possible.

I like how the group move order works, it keeps sort of a formation. Very useful in tank battles like "Bad Moon Rising".

Its the DDay 2008 on CMMODS (version a la Jak). a recent map so looking at he uploads chronologically will bring it up.

AT times, the move order now is very very useful (the first picture where it saves me a lot of time) but sometimes, pin pointing is a little better (dense MOUT).