Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CAS munition loads?

istari

I'm experimenting with the Yakima Training Campaign's 2nd scenario to practice calling ARTY and CAS.

My confusion is that I don't know what my own flights are carrying! For example, I called in the A-10 for an area target to plaster the three T-54s. Unfortunately, I don't know if he was only carrying Mavericks or also carrying cluster bombs. If I knew what he was carrying, then I'd call for fires differently. Similar for the Apache - is it carrying Hydra-70 + Hellfires or an all Hellfire loadout? I'd know how to use it better if I knew what weapons were available.

I know this must sound anal-retentive (;>), but it's a big difference in planning to know if I can nail that concentration of tanks in a single pass with cluster bombs, or whether I'm going to be depending on the A-10 to make pass after pass over a span of multiple turns to pick them off one-by-one. Etc.

Thanks!

Chris

I have the same problem - and indeed one of the wish list features I've heard talk of is some sort of indication of what the pilot plans to drop so you can either let him drop it or call off the strike. As a general rule of thumb though, I'd pick the "medium" attack option. In my experience, this tends to result in something like an air-to-ground missile being used against the target rather than a 2000lb bomb!