Paradox retail CMSF - missing campaigns

Hello!

I tried to search the forums for similar problems, but only found one from Paradox's forums, and those are quite dead. Thus, here i am.

I purchased CMSF from Play.com (Paradox retail, dvd-packaging in cardboard sleeve, incl. disc, folded map and ~60 page manual), and now i'm quite confused about the campaigns.

Manual (both v1.10 and the printed) discuss about a tutorial campaign, but there's no such thing in my CMSF's campaign menu - there's just one campaign (Could've been TF Lightning, not on my home comp now). Whatever the name of the campaign listed in-game is, it differs from the one discussed in manual.

Accidentally, when i updated to v1.10, i located the two missing campaignfiles in my game's installation folder, but they were in the folder which includes Italian translation - not much use to me.

To sum it up: Should have two campaigns, got only one, and that one is not the same as mentioned in the manuals. Found the campaigns, but only in Italian. What am i missing here?

Please ask if you need additional information!

The tutorial campaign was added in patch v1.01 for Paradox customers (v1.01 is the Battlefront release version). In that patch, TF Lightning was also renamed to TF Thunder (or was it the other way around?), but other than that the campaigns are identical.

v1.10 should have included the other campaigns since it's "all inclusive" but I'll doublecheck. A quick fix I guess would be to install one previous "all-inclusive" patch v1.01-v1.08 for the Paradox version first, and then patch to v1.10.

Martin

Looks like the training campaign was left out of the current v1.10 Paradox Patch. I will be sure to put it back in for future patches. If need be, we could also post that file so Paradox customers that have the very original version of CMSF on CD (that has never been updated) could get that file.

Madmatt

• 2 weeks later...
The tutorial campaign was added in patch v1.01 for Paradox customers (v1.01 is the Battlefront release version). In that patch, TF Lightning was also renamed to TF Thunder (or was it the other way around?), but other than that the campaigns are identical.

v1.10 should have included the other campaigns since it's "all inclusive" but I'll doublecheck. A quick fix I guess would be to install one previous "all-inclusive" patch v1.01-v1.08 for the Paradox version first, and then patch to v1.10.

Martin

I've got this problem too as an owner of the boxed Paradox version. I've tried re-installing the 1.08 all inclusive but it didn't re-instate the tutorial.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...