Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

File download problems

For some time now I have been having problems downloading files from the internet and was wondering if anyone out there could figure out how to solve the problem.

For instance I am trying to download a Mod file from CM mod site (Grass grid for CMAK), the download start fine at a good 80 - 100 kb/sec, then slows to 50kb which is still OK. But after about 30 seconds the download stops.

Window freezes at the speed and time left.

I use Windows 2K and internet explorer, this problem is not limited to any particular web-site. I think it goes wrong after a certain period of time has elasped.

Anyone got suggestions??

I just found out that this problem only happens when I am using my Linksys Router. If I connect directly (By-pass the router) everything is fine.

Does this give anyone other ideas ?? I tried the Linksys FAQ, nothing turned up

I looked around, but I am in very unfamiliar terratory, it's like a foreign language to me all these strange words and initials.

I did update the firmware succesfully and found a FAQ that tells me to force NIC to 10Mbps and disable proxy in the browser. I have not figured out where these things are yet??

AhHA !! problem solved - - after installing the Linksys firmware update everything worked like charm, in fact my downloads and Internet page downloading speeds have become significantly faster (and they were pretty fast before).

Thanks for the comments, hope this story might help someone else.