Another Question: Headquarters Ratings

Holman

HQ units have ratings listed in their info box for personnel, condition, experience, morale and suppression. What is the meaning of these ratings? They don't always seem to coincide with the unit's own ratings (the ones just to the right of the unit portrait). For instance, I've seen veteran, crack, and regular HQ units all have the same "experience" rating in the info box. Likewise, the "personnel" rating doesn't seem to correspond to anything I can figure out.

So what are these ratings and how do they affect the game?

ypEVbjMxxDjP1222767045.jpg

Maybe next to unit picture is stats with commander alive (contributing his personal experience) and in unit info box are the basic values, which would come into play when commander is dead and bonus points are gone?

This way you can simulate in an extreme case the conscript Volkssturm Platoon HQ with the crack Ostfront commander who manages to give the unit some basic military usefullness. But when he gets shoot, all what is left his a bunch of panicking civilians in a battle area...

But maybe I'm just plain wrong...

Personnel goes down depending on how many men the unit has lost (platoon, company, etc). I know this for a fact. If it is not working in Marines then it is a bug in the new module.

However, the way that the others work, such as condition etc, is flawed IMO.

The enemy can have two guys left and because they still have full ammo etc the enemy condition is rated "excellent". In some of the tougher missions this can be the difference between victory and defeat.

The condition, morale, etc, need to be divided by how many casualties the unit has taken, reflected by experience etc as a modifier.

The Edit button doesnt appear to be working for me at the moment.

To clarify, those bars are the FORMATION levels. Not just the HQ unit. So if you click on a Platoon leader, its the entire platoon. They're not going to go down much if just the HQ unit has taken casuatlies but the rest of the platoon is intact.

Same with the company commanders, and so forth. Its a quick and easy way to gauge the formations strength.

The Edit button doesnt appear to be working for me at the moment.

To clarify, those bars are the FORMATION levels. Not just the HQ unit. So if you click on a Platoon leader, its the entire platoon. They're not going to go down much if just the HQ unit has taken casuatlies but the rest of the platoon is intact.

Same with the company commanders, and so forth. Its a quick and easy way to gauge the formations strength.

All right, then. Good to know! That's the kind of thing that ought to be explained in the manual.

All right, then. Good to know! That's the kind of thing that ought to be explained in the manual.

You also used to be able to click on enemy HQ units and get the same information, which was handy to see how you were doing. That doesnt appear to be working anymore, whether this is intentional (difficulty level dependant) or not I am not sure.