Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Bizarre weapon scavenging

Floydii

Set up a quick battle the other night. I was Syrian dismounted infantry against about 1/2 company of M1's.. in open terrain. Of course I got absolutely destroyed, but something rather odd happened.

A HMG team (NKST? russian heavy MG) got shredded in front of a Platoon HQ of mine. There were multiple casualties and I was scavenging RPGs from sqauds in the area.

The HQ team moves over to the downed HMG guys and starts rendering first aid. My attention was drawn somewhere else until I heard the distinctive HMG firing. Thinking that they had commandeered the HMG I then noticed the tracer was going in a wild arc from horizontal to straight up..

One guy had picked up the HMG, without the bipod, and was using it like a RPK. Carried it around too until he got cut down by another Abrams.

Is that supposed to happen? because either way it's pretty funny.