Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Damn !!! It doesn't work .... at all !!!

Well, I'm gonna try to explain my problems with my "green" english !

I did a full install of CMBO : No probs

When I want to run the game, I see the drawing of US Shermans and platoon with a burning Panther (yark yark yark !!! Poor Jerry .....) and after : ....

What's going on after ? N.O.T.H.I.N.G !!!!!!!

Not even cdv video, just an error message : "unhandled exception : c0000005 at adress : 00562670", and then the computer close the program : AAAAARGH !!!

I use win98 OS, with a KT7 Raid MB and an AMD K6 ~700 Mhz CPU, 128 Mb RAM and video card ATI Rage 128XPERT with an october 2002 driver.

I have quicktime V5.0, DirectX8.1 and no more coffee or cigarettes ..... So .....

PLEASE ! In the name of Lafayette !!! Help a poor disappointed frenchy !!! CMBO is my greatest gaming experience after playing ASL !!! All of you are my last chance !!!!

Some of these errors that begin with 'c0000005...' may indicate that something is wrong with your DirectX installation. I'd suggest reinstalling DirectX 8.1 again and then reinstalling your video driver (but reboot first after the DirectX install before reinstalling the video driver).

The latest version of the driver from ATI for the Rage 128 series is 4.13.7192 (for Win9x/ME). You can get the English version here from ATI. I'm not sure where they may have a French version of the driver.

I assume that you've purchased the CDV release of CMBO. The initial movie is an AVI file; however I'm not sure if you can skip it or not. If there is a possible problem with some of your video codecs, it might cause a problem similar to what you are seeing. You can attempt to skip the AVI movie (which isn't like the Internet-release's QuickTime movie) by pressing the Shift key immediately after launching CMBO.

[ April 08, 2002, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA !!!!!

Who the hell are you Schrullenhaft ??? David Copperfield ? Harry Potter ? A Jedi Master ? Wizard of Oz ? No matter !

I did exactly what you suggested to me : Re-install DirectX8.1 - reboot - Reinstall video card driver - reboot and reinstalling the game and IT'S WORKIIIING !!!!

Thank's for your (right) suggestions, very much !

And now ... The hedgerow hell of Normandy and the deep and dark Ardennes forests are mine !!!

Bye, thank U :D

Guest Panzer Boxb
Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Another happy customer.

:D

Michael

You know, it is all part of Schrullenhaft's insidiously evil plan to make us all dependant upon him for tech support here so he can then start charging a fee for his services. :D