Targeting Buildings

c3k

This is the last in a series.... :)

Right now I'm playing in a built up area. The TARGET/TARGET LIGHT command interface is a bit of a pain.

In order to area target a building, I want to have my fire impact a specific level. In order to do this, I've got to move the camera around significantly. It takes a lot of time and effort and even then sometimes the target line will snap to the wrong floor.

My suggestion is to have the TARGET/TARGET LIGHT line behave just like a movement line when a building is the the target. Have a window open which gives a selection of floors. The floors which do NOT have a LOS/LOF can be greyed out, such that they are not selectable.

This would be an immense time saver for city fights.

Thoughts?

Ken

Nice one!

In general getting area fire to snap to the place you want is... imprecise. A similar idea would be to have the 'action spot' grid be visible in the vicinity of the point where the area fire line ends. Then you could simply attach it to the area closest to where you want to fire.

This would remove some of the 'realism' aspect, but lets face it, having 'action spots' is an artefact in the first place.