Subsequence Wish List

Now that Marines now posted, I have this wish list for proposing new features, additions, ideas and anything fetched for the following extensions:

More land units and countries for 2 sides

More air units, and the inclusion of air units for the OPFOR

Heavy Artillery, minefields deployable, fire naval and airborne units with deployment of helicopters and paratroopers.

Added new systems guided artillery, launched from mortar, artillery and rockets.

System generation of random maps were made under CMx1.

A system of campaign dynamics and system operations CMx1

Ability to find out when the CMC to carry out a CMCx2 the same system

Ability to customize loads of weapons artillery, armoured vehicles, planes and helicopters.

Possibility of Assault Amphibians with LCU, LCAC and other means.

Steps command over battalion and auxiliary units to be used as targets -artillery, rockets, supply convoy

New ground -railways- and possibility of putting static or mobile vehicles by civilians IA -cars, trucks, trains-

Situations special missions as insertion and extraction of special forces and the addition of these forces -Rangers, Spednatz, Navy Seals-

Objects additional reflectors and realistic lighting for night units

Civil VIPs or for rescue missions or protection

SAMs and anti-aircraft artillery units to protect the land and land units, such as AAA CMx1

I have actually am close to finishing a campaign that follows Det-D (Delta Force) on several mission to guide in airstrikes on a suspected Syrian Nuclear Weapons facility. I have been messing around with special forces for sometime now. I think the SpecOps is a great idea. I would just like to see a few more options when clearing buildings. Flash bangs, or gas? I hate entering a building only to get mowed down from people on other levels or by the people standing in the coner on the same floor. Even text book entries go bad, but I think it can be better. I hope Marines will help with some of that. I also would like to see recon drones. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to launch a recon plane and get a better view of enemy units. This is the future of warfare, so I think it needs a place here. I could list many other things I would like to see, but this is a good start.

I have actually am close to finishing a campaign that follows Det-D (Delta Force) on several mission to guide in airstrikes on a suspected Syrian Nuclear Weapons facility. I have been messing around with special forces for sometime now. I think the SpecOps is a great idea. I would just like to see a few more options when clearing buildings. Flash bangs, or gas? I hate entering a building only to get mowed down from people on other levels or by the people standing in the coner on the same floor. Even text book entries go bad, but I think it can be better. I hope Marines will help with some of that. I also would like to see recon drones. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to launch a recon plane and get a better view of enemy units. This is the future of warfare, so I think it needs a place here. I could list many other things I would like to see, but this is a good start.

+1 - Yes, If BFC could include a SOF Team with say an increased weapon's accuracy ratings (for close combat) and such......that could be a very unique and great addition to CMSF....

My thoughts are that recon drones could be done in Brit since they use them as well I believe.

In terms of simulating building entry my guess is that getting down and dirty on the ordinance used to clear a room (tear gas, flashbangs, etc.) might be too granular a detail for what's going on in the scale of the game. I think it should depend more on the veterancy of the unit defending vs. the force that's doing the breaching with perhaps some modifiers like time of day, etc.

My guess is that we'll see more airpower in the Euro mod & Brit mod. As far as other airpower for the Syrian forces...that's debateable based upon what Steve has said about adding more vehicles for the Syrian force. He wants to keep the game focused on plausable engagements rather than merely tacking on a hodge-podge collection of vehicles (and I suspect airpower). However, I wonder if the Syrians could get more sophisticated Anti-tank options, or perhaps some illicit optics from "across the border" as their conflict widens! ;)

I'd love to see a random map generator but the variety of options available to the map editor in CM:SF compared to what was in CMx1 is like comparing a swiss army knife to a butter knife in terms of its intended usefulness. While I'm certain a competent map could be created, I highly doubt a reasonable scenario could be generated from it without becoming very formulaic.

I mean look at Medieval II....their random army selection tool always ends up arming one force with like 10 seige cannons and no cavalry while the battle is in an open field vs. archers and cavalry or something equally crazy. The point is...that's a tall order given the complexity of the battle/map creation tool.

My guess is that a lot of what you're talking about will be a part of CM:SF 2 in the European setting as opposed to what we'll see in CM:SF! Great suggestions though.

The list of items that should be added to the CM:SF series is spot on in my opinion.

At the very least, even if you don't set them up to be seen operating in game, then please allow the option to include models of aircraft for mission scenarios. The other "bodies" thread is sort of tangentially related to this.

There's already been a thread started somewhere around here in regards to including SF, and if I recall correctly, it was pretty in depth in addressing game mechanic concerns as well as tactical ones. If my memory serves me correctly, the over all gist of the feedback was along the lines of, "...most SF missions are ones where they hide and put a laser on a target..." Sounds exciting, yes?

Drones should ALREADY be in the game, and there should be some degree of representation of robotic systems such as SWORDS and TALON. I have no idea how many of these are ever deployed, but I'm sure that there's more than a few vets around here who can give us a good idea, such as "...never saw 'em..." to "...I know of one scenario where one was deployed and it was..."

And I wish that BF would open up a few more modding avenues for the series. I can understand their concern in regards to ensuring the protection of their property, but there has to be some degree of wiggle room beyond crafting missions and skins, yes?