Desna Map Modding Troubles

Hi,

I am trying to generate a battle mission out of Desna map, but I am having troubles with it.

I have modified the map, adding trenches, barbed wires, some roads and a bridge, and I built a couple of test battles after that.

The problem is that up and then, after a modification of the map, the battles are stopping to work just after the battle loading (ToW crashes automatically).

After the issue happens the modified map is unusable!!

Doing the mod work again from scratch is not funny!

Could you help me to figure out what is wrong with it?

In attachment you can find the LOG file after the crash (use WordPad).

Thank you

pdp_ita

log.txt

• 6 months later...

I have a problem exactly as the original poster describes. That is, I have modified the clear summer map and added terrain and statics. No statics exceed 1000 and the same goes for trees and far trees. I only have a few hundred per set, actually. The land, however, does go from below water level (32) to +230m height. The mission crashes after about halfway loading (progress bar) and exits to desktop. Note that all other missions load fine and play fine.

I have modified another similar map but the only difference is the height; there is not as much -dramatic- terrain changes, and that one loads fine.

Couple of things to look at:-

Firstly do you have a lot of statics densely packed together? This can cause problems especially I've found if there is a large amount of overlap (Think walls/fences). Also I found that the same can be with trees (bushes under trees, look good & realistic but have caused me grief in the past!).

How many units are you testing with? Try a test mission with a single tank & see if it loads... I've found that unit numbers can greatly affect stability even when within limits, I've yet to figure out the keylog on that sucker! So far it's been trial & error.

If the above doesn't work post your log file from the root TOW folder, preferably after firing up the game & loading your map/mission as the 1st load.

HTH & good luck

• 3 weeks later...

I'm made the original Desna map, the stock map does not crash. Works fine.

BUT I too created a modification to Desna where I dropped in a row of trenches and some obstacles. This crashes, about 10 seconds into the game.

If I have time I'm going to remove each obstacle one by one and see which object is the culprit. These crashes are related to an object violation.