Request

I was wondering if somebody could make a battle on the Desna map for me to play. Truth is creating my own battles just doesn't do it for me, especially since I created the map. Not much surprise left there.

If you don't want to post it, then PM me for an addy and you can just email it to me. Battles are pretty small files. Don't care what country as long as I play the attacker

Thanks

Nikki,

You have a very interesting proposition there that mirrors my own dilemma, I too get quite bored testing my own missions to death on maps I've made.

So here's a suggestion;

How about forming a team of mappers & mision builders to develop a campaign along an agreed theme. Map makers make the map & the guys who have talent making missions do this along the agreed theme. I can think of a few that will fit within the restrictions imposed on us by ToW1 without adversely affecting the game play but (to me at least) would be much more interesting. Here's a few campaigns that I think off the top of my head would work & don't need fighting within buildings as such to be enjoyable & successful:-

US/UK

101st Airborne Normandy - D-Day to Carentan - mostly bocage

101st Airborne/UK Guards Armoured, Market Garden - Hells Highway, Endhoven - Nijemagen

29th Infantry - Omaha to St Lo

British VIII Corps Operation Bluecoat Normandy 1944

German

LSSAH Kharkov March 1943

Operation Spring Awakening, Hungary, Febuary/March 1945

6th Fallstirmjaer Rgt - Market Garden - Hells Highway (Reusing maps from above US campaign)

USSR

Bagration July 1944 - Belarus

Operation Spring Awakening, Hungary, Febuary/March 1945

There are many, many more that could be done, the key is to pick a subject with a good amount of reference material that makes it easy to build both an accurate map & give the mission builder a feel for what needs to be achieved by the mission & what the force structure parameters for each side should be. I'm not talking about the historical outcome here but an appreciation of the individual problems encountered by the respective commanders. What seems very exciting for me here is that all the histories that I have read very rarely go into detail on a granularity of less than a battlion level. This means that mission builders have shed loads of scope for artistic license for thier missions. As we know what we have now seriously struggles to deal with company sized engagements (~150 men each side). So as we all know we're stuck with combined arms "kampfegruppes" of combined arms 2-3 platoons of armour & 1-2 full strength platoons of infantry & you are pushing the limits of what the engine can do.

So is anyone up for it? If anyone wants to help with a 101st Airborne Normandy - D-Day to Carentan camp, Ive got 1 & 1/2 maps & a Brecourt Manor mission done so far. If not I'm more than willing to supply maps for a 6th FJ Rgt Normandy jobby.

Wouldn't mind help improving my Bulldogs campaign either, that has tons of potential for expansion.