AVG 8 and TOW

I have come across a problem with the anti-virus software AVG (Version 8) and TOW: AVG flags up lcmmfu.cpl as a trojan when opening TOW. I understand that lcmmfu.cpl is the elicense for TOW, not a trojan, but when I first saw this I consigned lcmmfu.cpl to the virus vault. Although I recovered it from the vault once I had found out that it was a 'false positive' and have added lcmmfu.cpl to the AVG exclusions list I still cannot open TOW - do I need to relicense TOW to get it working again?

Bletchley

Since posting the above I have now got TOW working again - by deleting CPL from the list of extensions that AVG Resident Shield scans. A temporary workaround, but I guess it leaves me somewhat vulnerable to real threats that might have the .cpl extension.

I posted this here instead of contacting support, as AVG is a popular anti-virus tool and many others may have the same problem sooner or later :(

AVG is popular, yes (since it's free), but unfortunately it tends to flag "innocent" files quite a lot. I used to have AVG as well but then one day they flagged a popular javascript library as a virus and people started getting virus warnings when accessing all sorts of websites (including the AVG website :))... I switched to CA Anti-Virus that day :)