How come I cannot save a game?

tooz

Guys, just got back into ToW after purchasing a new pc. I am enjoying myself but I cannot for some reason save a game. I hit escape-Save--and try to enter a new title. That works but then I cannot get the flashing cursor to get into the next couple of boxes (date and time played). I even try to rename the game but still can't get anything saved. When I hit load game I only see the original game with the time at 0:00:00(?).

What am I doing wrong? I have tried many things, but as soon as I hit Save game (sometimes I get an overwriting message) the game reverts back to the game in progress. If I try to stop, then re-load the new Save Game file i still end up with the Game start file.

Advice?

Ilikepie: Yep, figured that out. However, I find that I must delete my old save files if I want my new file to show up. That seems strange, but at least I can save the games.

Now if I can only figure out how to win!

Thanks!

JDski--Cool! Tried that and that also works. Pretty soon I will have to tinker with some mods.

After letting this game sit on my shelf for more than a year I must say I am back playing it often. Hey, I enjoy it now.

I guess it took a while to realize it just ain't CM--never was supposed to be. I concede that it is a bit "clickfesty" at times but fun. Looking forward to ToW2.