Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

No Movie

ScottDT

I am in a game of CMBO (1.12) with a PBEM opponent and have encountered an unusual problem. It seems that my opponent never gets to see the combat movie. When I get the file from him, it works fine, but when I send the file to him, he never gets to see it---every file is an order file. Going through my old PBEM files, he noticed that ALL the files are the small order files, and not the large movie files. Could it be that CMBO is not generating a movie file for my opponent? Why would this be? I never had this problem before. Any advice would be appreciated.

Perhaps your opponent isn't receiving the movie files at all. Have you counted the number of PBEM files you've sent him and that he has received ? Quite a few email systems have limits on attachment sizes and some CM movies can exceed that. Are you using a compression program (zip) on the files before you send them ?

Are you using any of the 'fewer emails a turn' systems that people have espoused on this forum ? I'm not familiar with these systems myself, but this could be a possible issue.

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

Perhaps your opponent isn't receiving the movie files at all. Have you counted the number of PBEM files you've sent him and that he has received ? Quite a few email systems have limits on attachment sizes and some CM movies can exceed that. Are you using a compression program (zip) on the files before you send them ? <<<

I am not using a compression program but maybe I should. I'll try it. But like I said, it doesn't seem to be generating a movie file for him at all as all the files I send him are under 40K. Usually the movie files are over 100K.

>>>Are you using any of the 'fewer emails a turn' systems that people have espoused on this forum ? I'm not familiar with these systems myself, but this could be a possible issue.

No, never even knew such programs existed.

I'm not familiar with the 'less-emails-a-turn' systems myself, so I can't tell you much about them.

Have you counted the number of email attachments sent between you and your opponent ? Have they kept all of their emails ? Can you compare sizes on the files to see if he is getting a truncated file in there (though a truncated file will refuse to load in CM) ?

Is your opponent using the BFC or the CDV version of CM (though it generally shouldn't matter) ?

Are you zipping you files or just pasting them into the email itself ? I highly suggest zipping/compressing the file and attaching it to the email as this provides a bit more integrity and security to the file.