Disembarking Transport onto Enemy-Controlled Cities

Hey All,

I had another odd situation come up in the same game as the Turkey glitch I have recently posted on in the Tech Support Forum. Here the deal. My Allied opponent DOWs Syria. Carrier-based and land-based air kills the Syrian unit. A British infantry unit moves adjacent -- but does not have the Movement Points to enter -- Damascus. However, by moving adjacent to the Syrian port with no enemy units around, the port changes to Allied control. That's all standard stuff.

Here, however, was the part that struck me as odd. Later in the turn, my Allied opponent transports (not amphibious movement) a unit to the Syrian port and then unloads that unit directly into Damascus, thus capturing the city.

I don't think this is a glitch, but I wonder if it makes sense. Should transports be allowed to unload directly onto enemy-controlled tiles -- especially enemy-controlled (albeit unoccupied) city tiles -- or should they be restricted to unloading only onto friendly-controlled tiles? I probably wouldn't have even thought about this except for the fact that in this particular case, it was a %&$% British artillery unit that took the city by unloading into the city tile.

Any thoughts? I think it comes down to whether one treats unloading as a form of regular movement or if it is considered something else. In the case of the former, it makes sense. In the case of the latter, it does not.