Not the real disk???

I just got CMSF and it installed ok, but then when I tryed to run it, it said Iwas not using the real disk and it told me to switch my DVD player settings if it was, which I did, and it did not work. What should I do???

I just installed it on my PC and it works, but it does not here on my laptop.

My computer is a dell latitude D630 running Xp service pack 3, it got intel centrino, 2 gigs of ram

The first thing we'd need to know is which version of CMSF you got? You didn't buy from Battlefront directly, did you? Does it have the Paradox (our retail distributor) logo on it? If so, then you should probably contact them (or the shop where you bought it) for a replacement disc probably.

• 4 weeks later...

TheHIV,

You would need to contact Paradox directly to confirm, but I seem to recall that their version of CMSF utilizes a copy protection system that could conflict with any Virtual CD Emulation software such as Daemon Tools, or Nero. If you can, try and disable that software (or you may have to uninstall it) and then see if you still get that same error.

Paradox's Support group can be reached via this link:

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=78&Itemid=181

Madmatt