License problem

Hi all

Last Year I bought Theatre of war. It was the downloadable version of battlefront.

I just wanted to install the game and when I put my license I receive this message:

Unable to get or install a license

Retrieval of license failed with error code = 11

There are no licenses currently available for this license key.

You have installed all of the licenses for this product to which you are entitled.

If you need additional licenses, you will need to contact the publisher or vendor store you purchased this product from, or you will need to purchase another copy.

Somebody had this problem also? I didnt install the game on another computer.

Hi!

Please contact elicense@battlefront.com by email. Include the key in question.

The error 11 you're seeing usually comes up when you install and license a game with this key twice before AND DO NOT UNLICENSE. As far as eLicense is concerned your key is still tied to those two other PCs (or it can even be the same PC).

We have an extensive FAQ at www.battlefront.com/u.php?14

I already saw that faq and emailed to elicense....

I never unlicensed the game, sometimes I uninstalled the game but never unlicense.

Well, that's the problem then. If you install and activate the game, the eLicense database "registers" your key for that specific PC. If you uninstall but do not also unlicense, then that key is still registered. Each key can be activated on up to two computers AT THE SAME TIME, so after it's registered twice, it will give you error 11.

Email your key to elicense@battlefront.com and it will be reset, and in the future, simply do not forget to unlicense, and you will never run into this problem again (there is no limit as to how often you can unlicense and relicense).

ok, thanks. I didnt know this.

Thanks for the advice

Another question, an external drive, does that count for a pc?

because, in the past the game was installed on my old pc, then on my new pc. So, if i want to install the game on an external disk, it count as new 'pc'?

• 3 weeks later...

Why are BFC games becoming such a hassle to play? I am trying to get back into Theater of War after having it gather dust for almost a year and a half. Now that I am installing it on a new computer, I need to re-license the thing? Guys, come on, let's make this process a bit easier in the future please.

I just tried the uninstaller and it did not work. So, I guess I won't be playing ToW anytime soon. Sheesh.

tooz, it's not a hassle if you remember one little thing: to unlicense your game if you don't need it anymore. Uninstalling and unlicensing are separate steps. You can install and uninstall and never actually license (i.e. activate) your game, and you can unlicense and relicense without uninstalling.

The DRM we're using, eLicense, gives the user full control, unlike other DRMs, and the only thing you need to remember is to unlicense and relicense so you "free up" your key if it's not needed anymore.

In emergencies, you can always contact elicense@battlefront.com.

Thanks Martin. After a night's sleep I am trying to get this thing to work. I'll try to not let my frustration show. Now that I have installed this on a new pc, I load it and get this blocking elicense request. How do I get rid of this thing so i can just start playing again.

What's frustrating is that I just got back into ToW and WAS having a lot of fun.

All right, problems solved. Now that my license has been reset can I also load this game onto my wife's new laptop (still shipping and will arrive soon)? Two pcs per game; understood.

Thanks Martin and Matt for the great customer service. Happy happy!