Thank Gawd for Demos!

Just tried the new Uberpatched demo of TOW, it runs like a duck with both legs in plaster! Surely my system can't be that unusual:

intel Core2duo 6700 @ 2.66 ghz

Nvidia 8800 GTS

2 Gb RAM

Lots of HD space

Just for fun I updated graphics drivers and tried all the little hints and tips on this site. Result: Nada, nichts, nothing.

Don't know the fps count (is there any way of checking without actually installing FRAPS or somesuch), but it looks like something like 12-14 fps, almost slideshow.

Sure glad I tried the demo before buying, but still...

Any tips/hints?

Pax Vobiscum,

Sorry, mate. As I said I've tried all the little tweaks and tips I could find here, still nogo. (Including the weird one where you flip back and forth to set the core settings while the game is active).

Am I really the only one who can't get the danged thing to behave?

I remember having a similar issue (and with a similar setup) in the past. AFAIR, apart from the dual-core problem, there are two possible OpenGL-related causes. I know you've tried the various tips and tricks, so please ignore this if I'm just repeating what you already know, but make sure "Threaded optimization" is set to "Off" and (if you are using a dual monitor setup) "Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration" is set to "Single display performance mode" in the nVidia Control Panel.

I had the same problem with a similar PC configuration (E6600 and Nvidia EN9600GX2) and I havent solved the problem!!!

Now I'm using an ATI HD3870 and disabling the shadow the game work well.

The only way to know the FPS is using FRAPS or something like that