Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

TF Thunder commentary

Gents,

I'm in the midst of TF Thunder. SPOILERS!!!!

The 8th battle, Objective Normandy, has a victory condition issue. I do not know if it is a scenario design oversight or a flaw in CMSF. My blue forces had advanced through the Syrian defences (nicely sited, BTW). The final objectives were phase line Normandy, the Pump house and the other concrete building (oops, bad memory this morning). My men had gained the pump house and I had a platoon advancing towards the other building, literally yards away, when the game ended with 45 minutes remaining. In the post-game victory condition screen I was denied points for gaining objectives. Now, it is true that I had not gained those objectives BECAUSE THE GAME ENDED TOO SOON! Had it contined for even one more turn I would have gained them.

If the scenario has a terrain objectives, let's not have the scenario terminate early. If this is a CMSF issue, then the victory points should be assumed to have been awarded to the side causing the enemy to surrender.

NEXT POINT:

In game 9 of the campaign there is an objective titled "Capture Compound". There are two multi-story buildings in the compound. The building further away from the compound entrance has multiple door errors. Meaning, there is a central hall with two wings off of it. The southern wing has two buildings abutting each other. Neither has a door. They cannot be entered. Kind of tough to clear a building without a door.

So, please ensure doors are located such that buildings, which are objectives, can be entered.

Regards,

Ken

are there side buildings with doors? once had the problem that there were three houses abutting euch other and only one had a door. the groups had to enter the building which had a door and were able to enter the other buildings over the roof only.

btw: how many missions does the tf thunder campaign include?

• 2 weeks later...
Gents,

I'm in the midst of TF Thunder. SPOILERS!!!!

The 8th battle, Objective Normandy, has a victory condition issue. I do not know if it is a scenario design oversight or a flaw in CMSF. In the post-game victory condition screen I was denied points for gaining objectives. Now, it is true that I had not gained those objectives BECAUSE THE GAME ENDED TOO SOON! Had it contined for even one more turn I would have gained them.

If the scenario has a terrain objectives, let's not have the scenario terminate early. If this is a CMSF issue, then the victory points should be assumed to have been awarded to the side causing the enemy to surrender.

Regards,

Ken

Interesting. I may have noticed this happen before but didn't really pay attention. Other times I have recieved points even for locations I did not control after a surrender. I will play around with it as soon as I get a bit of time. Things are a little busy at the moment.