Installment problems

Hi everyone,

I'm new here :) and I appreciate your huge effort with mods, especially that they answer some of my critical remarks I had about the game...

... just I'can't install it! I have a European version, which comes with battle generator and map editor (and the Moscow campaign is added). Battlefront says I should not apply the uberpatch (and shouldn't need it, really).

:eek:But when I downloaded the JSHV1.2.2 mod, it is full of folders not present in the game directory...:confused:

What shall I do?

As I like the idea of the game very much, but some things in it make me really angry, I would greatly appreciate your help!

Btw, it's off topic, but are the CMBB and CMAK still popular? They seem attractive to me...

to be more specific; the folders present in the mod, but not in the game directory, are "data" and "3dobjects"

I understand I should put new elements in the exisitng folders; but the gamewill not be able to read completely new folders, right?

I used the "ModInstaller" but it didn't see the mod unpackem from the self-extractor (I browsed to it:rolleyes:)

help...

These 'new' folders contain files which override files with the same name in .sfs archives, thats why the game will use them instead.

But first let's find out which version you have, since JSH 1.2.2 requires latest version of the game - 1.10.0.81, so you'll need to patch it first. What the box looks like? There is 'Kalypso' logo on it? The tank on the picture is T-34 or not?

But first let's find out which version you have, since JSH 1.2.2 requires latest version of the game - 1.10.0.81, so you'll need to patch it first. What the box looks like? There is 'Kalypso' logo on it? The tank on the picture is T-34 or not?

Thanks Sneaksie for help!!!

It's a ''special edition'' (published for Poland :P), with the "Moscow Campaign" in the core of the game, and yes, the tank is definitely a T-34. But there is no 'Kalypso' logo.

I could try installing the patch anyway, but the Battlefront site says the uberPatch will not work with the European version(s)

So my plea continues... Help! :)

Ok, so you were right, Sneaksie; it took me some time, but I got the patch and installed it...

I really appreciate your help...

...but the main question now comes back;

How to install the JSHV1.2.2 mode (the ModInstaller seems useless here)? Please be precise; where should I put the patch files from the folders not present in the game directory?

I also worry if the mod is going to work with the Polish version of the game:rolleyes:

Hope you can help me to finally become a proud warrior in this game, which I've always wanted to be :P

So please, people, can you tell me how to use the mod? I've got an upgraded version of the game now... but don't know what to do, cause there are folders in the mod not present in the game; so I don't know how to replace...

I confirm the JSH mod 1.2.2 works very well on my french version. And i'm not alone in this case. In single or multiplayer.

Best way, for me, to install this mod and other works from the community is to use the JSGME (JoneSoft's Generic Mod Enabler).

It's available here : http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products.html and easy to use.

I made a tutorial but unfortunately it's in french.

But you can find some in english with Google.

And have this one for example : http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=1009484

Best way, for me, to install this mod and other works from the community is to use the JSGME (JoneSoft's Generic Mod Enabler).

all very fine, but the mod has directories which the game does not! (like 3dobject, for example)...:eek:

all very fine, but the mod has directories which the game does not! (like 3dobject, for example)...:eek:

Yes the games does have these but they are unpacked from the SFS files at run time. If the directory/file exists it overrides the master copy in the SFS files.

ok now...

I have the patched version of the game... I have the mod unpacked into the game directory... I have all possible mod installers... so WHAT SHOULD I DO to be able to play the JSH mod? If anyone cares to help me, please just do not tell me "get the right program" or "the game has what u need". Give me clear instructions, if you please...