TOW doesn't start

Hi,

I've downloaded TOW and tried adding the DEP stuff like suggested on the website. TOW still doesn't start.

I was able to solve the upside down screen thing thanks to a post, but re-installing oesn't help, doing the DEP file additions doesn't help.

To be honest, having to spend this amount of time on 'debugging' an install is quite frustrating as a customer! This is the 21st century, software is just supposed to 'work' - I just want to play games, not have to dig around looking for a number of bug fixes.

Some help would be great but if it doesn't solve my problem, I probably will not use TOW.

Thanks

post-29020-141867620654_thumb.jpg

no reply from battlefront so far... except I got a very useless email from the support@battlefront.com email saying 'why don't you try the DEP settings'...

The numbnuts obviously didn't check out the screenshot where it has the DEP activated per the instructions.

What a PITA! just give me my money back as per the terms and conditions.

Laptop you say. What video card do you have? Have you downloaded the demo before buying the game? Have you checked if the laptop meets the minimum specs and if the video card is supported?

Many video cards are dumbed-down versions that are not able to run a whole bunch of 3D games at all. But then you don't need us numbnuts tell you that probably...

You seem to be having two separate issues with SC2 and ToW. In your other post about SC2 the error message you showed IS a DEP issue. You seem to have set DEP properly for ToW but in the screenshot above I dont see anything for SC2. Please set that as detailed in the FAQ.

Now, for ToW, you havent actually said WHAT its doing when you try and run the game.

You said you fixed the inverted issue but then said the game won't start. Those two statements would seem to contradict each other because your screen wouldn't show as inverted UNLESS the game was launching. Were you able to at least get to the license panel to type in your eLicense code? If you got past that point, can you describe exactly what your seeing please? Do you notice if the mouse cursor changes at all? Did the screen go blank and then go back to the desktop? Did you see any error message at all? We need as much info as you can provide so we can try and troubleshoot what it is your seeing.

Please try and understand that we are trying to help you but we need to get clear and consise information from you in order to do this.

Now, you said you have a 1.83Ghz Lenovo Laptop but there are many varients of that and they have different video cards. Some of the video cards that they come with should work with Theatre of War and others WILL NOT as listed on the ToW Specs page. Please try and let us know what video card is in yours so we can determine if your laptop is even capable of running ToW.

For SC2, as I said in your other post, it sounds as if you just need to set the DEP settings.

Lastly, your really in no position to comment about the numbness of my nuts but I do appreciate your concern and interest in them. You will, however, find help from me coming much easier if you would try and keep the maturity level of your posts a little higher up.

Madmatt