Explanations about detachement placeholders

I'm learning about triggers, and I understood the difference between UNITS and PLACEHOLDERS.

Using regular placeholders is quite easy, but I just can't understand how detachement placeholders work, for they are in 2 parts : the placeholder itself, and the "humans" placeholders related to it.

What is the placeholder itself for ?

I need help for example to be able to place a squad this way -using only the Editor, not the Battle Generator - :

I set 3 points : A, B & C

I want to build a MP Mission in which a squad spawn in a random (A, B or C) place in a line formation.

If spawn place is A, the line azimuth is to be 315°

If spawn place is B, the line azimuth is to be 0°

If spawn place is C, the line azimuth is to be 45°

I also want to know how I can link a particular squad to a particular detachement placeholder.

For example, I have a 3 squads n°1, 2 & 3.

I want the 1st squad to spawn in detachement placeholder A, squad 2 in B, and squad 3 in C.

I hope my questions are clear enough, thanks !

Detachment placeholders work like others, only individual soldier placeholders are used. Large placeholder of entire detachment is just for general look, you may place it elsewhere.

Placeholders are needed only in single player and only for player army (Army1). They are used to place player units because player may or may not have some units when manual force composition is allowed.

In multiplayer all army positions are defined by two points, which compose a vector. All armies in MP are oriented in place of one of these vectors. Placeholders in MP missions are ignored. To have squad spawn in one of the army spawn locations in line formation, you need to place units of this detachment in line formation somewhere on the map, then it will be moved to selected vector and properly rotated when mission starts.

There is no way link placeholder to unique detachment. There are various placeholders for tanks, cars, etc.

Things are getting clearer, thanks !

I accidentally found a way to link a detachement placeholder to a specific detachement : you just have to arrange your placeholders in reverse order in comparison with your detachements, using MoveUp & MoveDown :

post-22977-141867620653_thumb.jpg