Windows XP

I don't think I even got XP Beta to even finish installing without a fatal crash !

XP is a complete memory hog, so it will probably be problematic getting CM to run with 128Mb or less of memory.

It's interesting to see Microsoft pushing XP like Apple is with OS X. However I think Apple is going to be more successful in the short term (first couple of years) since OS X actually represents a step forward (albeit not without a few problems) that is useful to the Mac faithful. While XP is more of a business decision for Microsoft to unify it's desktop OS offerings into one code-base (though it will have its advantages - and even look a tad prettier).

I hear that there are quite a few compatibilty problems at the moment with apps that weren't written for the NT/2000 platform. Games may pose quite a problem for XP (I'm not sure how far they've gotten along with driver/DirectX updates either for XP).

Anyway, forgive my non-answer (my problems were with Beta 1 I believe) and minor MicroSquish bashing.

To answer the question:

Under Windows XP Beta II Personal, I got CM to run. However, I had the same video driver problems that the Windows 2000 users had with the nvidia card and also had some problems with sound. The problem with the sound was it was scratchy and might be fixed by turning the acceleration down.

I can't say mjore then that. NDA

Rune