New Scenario-Street Fighters

FMB,

I enjoyed this scenario a lot. The map is great! smile.gif

BTW, I would be interested to learn more about the real event that inspired you to make this scenario.

SPOILERS!

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

I achieved only one objective (Mosque) and one condition (enemy casualties) but was granted a total victory. For a short time I had troops at the MEDVAC objective but I gave it up to push south towards the suspected enemy position. By the scenario's end I was short 80m or so from the suspected enemy position. Since I want to play the scenario again, I didn't open the AAR map (no spoiling tongue.gif ). I felt like not deserving the total victory. Maybe there are too many points rewarding OPFOR killed? Or I just got lucky and killed the OPFOR at the suspected enemy position?

Cheers,

Julio

SPOILER

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

Actually, you did just fine. In the real scenario, the soldiers only stayed at the Medevac zone just long enough to evac one soldier. However, they made a strong push to secure it (even used an AH-1 for close support!) but didn't encounter any opposition. The medevac zone is just kind of there to draw your troops away from the fight (like what happened in the real thing), and you did a good job with it.

The real scenario actually occurred with Marines in At Turbah on the outskirts of Hit in 2004. I'm planning on making another version of this scenario with Marines once the module comes out, but I thought I'd make one version available to everyone.

Glad you enjoyed it! I may end up tweaking the victory conditions, though.

-FMB