Parameter settings.

Question about parameter settings.

I have read manual and even played around a bit with parameters but am not really getting it.

For instance, I was trying to set the parameters so that red would get 6 points for a "kill" and blue would get 1 point.

Playing with the parameters though, it seemed like regardless red would get 6 points and blues 1 regardless of amount of kills.

So, anyone have a quick explanation of the settings.

I was wondering if it is also possible to have a game where each player must inflict 100% imobilized casualty on the opponent to win.

I have tried this but it always seems that the game AI decides red has had enouph before I am satisfied and can get to an enemy position I am curious about taking out.

There's no point value for individual kills--instead, the percentage you select is the percentage above which (for enemy casualties) you must kill in order to get points.

Example:

Blue Parameters:

Enemy Casualties: 80% 50

If the enemy has 100 troops, I need to inflict 80 casualties in order to get the fifty points. If I inflict 79 or below, I get zero points.

There is, however, a way to do what you want: leave the parameters alone, in the "Units" screen, set all of the enemy force to Unit Objective 1 (SHIFT-F1 I think) and then go to Unit Objectives (in the "Mission" screen) and select "Destroy" (NOT "Destroy All") for Unit Objective 1. Then enter in the point value you want for each kill times the total number of men in the force.

The problem with this method is that it is annoying because you need to actually know the total number of men on each side, and if you change that, you need to change the number, etc.

Parameters are much easier to use, but if you absolutely require a point value per kill that's the only way I know how.

You could also create several Unit Objectives for different parts of their force: Infantry are 6 points each, tanks are 20, IFVs are 12, whatever you want. Either way, though, it's still messy.

Originally posted by Dragon67:

I was wondering if it is also possible to have a game where each player must inflict 100% imobilized casualty on the opponent to win.

I have tried this but it always seems that the game AI decides red has had enouph before I am satisfied and can get to an enemy position I am curious about taking out.

Hmm, I don't really understand what you're asking here. Are you asking if there's a way to require 100% casualties to win a scenario? If so, the AI will always surrender before then (unless you have next to no troops left yourself). The only way to actually get the game to end with 100% enemy casualties is to kill a lot of enemy troops with a single shot (like an air strike, for instance).

-FMB

[ May 06, 2008, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Field Marshal Blücher ]

Originally posted by Field Marshal Blücher:

You could also create several Unit Objectives for different parts of their force: Infantry are 6 points each, tanks are 20, IFVs are 12, whatever you want. Either way, though, it's still messy.

Do you know how this works when there are vehicles and crews? If I kill an M1A1 but the crew survive, how would that be figured? What if it was a mobility kill only? What is each crew casualty worth?

I guess it's a bit unfair to expect you to know the answers to these question and it may just take some experimentation of my own to determine. However I thought I'd ask as you may already have some idea of what is involved.

Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Field Marshal Blücher:

Do you know how this works when there are vehicles and crews? If I kill an M1A1 but the crew survive, how would that be figured? What if it was a mobility kill only? What is each crew casualty worth?

I guess it's a bit unfair to expect you to know the answers to these question and it may just take some experimentation of my own to determine. However I thought I'd ask as you may already have some idea of what is involved. </font>