New Scenario - A Bridge Too Far

A company sized task force is required to capture an important road bridge. Bad weather and mud is likely to hamper their attempts.

Blue (player) vs Red (AI) only

A small but highly detailed map 500m x 400m

Use your imagination for the bridge, which infantry can cross, although vehicles can't.

Sorry no pictures in briefing but I can't capture images at moment.

Up at CMmods

[ April 27, 2008, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Pete Wenman ]

Ey Pete,

Three brief points.

First, I am a big fan of your maps. From an aesthetics point of view, they are so life-like. This one didn't disappoint. Kudos sir.

Second, you manage to give us a relatively big fight in a relatively small countryside area. I'm savoring every turn of this scenario.

Third, the "bridge". You certainly have your way to work around the engine's shortcomings. smile.gif

Cheers,

Julio

Julio hi

Thanks for your kind comments and rating here and at CMMods, much appreaciated.

I hope the scenario worked well through till the end. Its hard to control things without conditional triggers.

I'd love to see an AAR, given I can't really play it without knowing most of what is likely to happen next ;)

Ey Pete,

The events unfold at scaringly adequate times. smile.gif I also appreciate that you allowed plenty of time (2 hours) so the player can carefully advance.

This scenario reminds me of those Vietnam firefights where the US troops literally bump into the OPFOR. I have some medal-worthy troops from one squad who due to my poor judgement were ambushed but yet, limping on heavy casualties, took the enemy position. I wish I could have seen the action in detail but I was busy redirecting another squad to take the heat out of the ambushed troops (real time playing is a bitch sometimes). When the relief troops got there, it was chilling to see US troops kneeled with OPFOR wounded and dead all around them.

I also have to confess that I am not a big fan of the Stryker, but boy the amount of smoke they generate is outstanding. With the smoke generated from two vehicles I literally flooded the entire village for a considerably long span of time.

Anyway, if anybody reading this has yet to play this scenario, please make sure that you top off your infantry with ammo. They’ll need it.

Julio