Known to enemy/Known to player/Known to none

I'm assuming this is a serious question? I mean, on the face of it, I would have said it needs little explanation.

"Known to player": Only the side that has the objective is aware of it.

"Known to enemy": The side that has the objective is not aware of it but the other side is.

"Known to both": Both sides are aware of the objective.

"Know to neither": Neither side is aware of the objective.

The idea is to represent "asymetric warfare", in which objectives are not as simple as "take such-and-such a location and hold it". For instance, "Known to enemy" might represent a safe-house used by terrorists to torture and kill western hostages. Blue side gets points for finding it, but isn't even aware that the house exists. Red side of course knows the house exists and doesn't want it to fall into Blue's hands.

You get the picture! ;)

Originally posted by emcnally:

No it was serious as stupid as it may sound. I've got a scout platoon thats supposed to ID a tank Battalion, But it aalways seems to fail. I thought maybe that the known to may be why.

I see. I did wonder! :D From personal experience I think there are quite a few problems with the way objectives work in general so I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is just a bug, plain and simple.