Sound Survey

To play this game you need not be quick with the mouse/kybd, it a thinking mans game.

In order to think, I prefer quiet. On most games I keep the speaker volume way down. On the RTS games I always turned the music portion of the sound off and listened only to the battle/alert sounds.

I like my computer sound just above the threshold of audible detection. I even listen to Pink Floyd at volume level ONE the stereo.

Where do you keep the volume when playing CMBB?

judging from your post i'd say you keep your volume pretty low

lower than i do anyway, although i don't exactly have it cranked up either

since i use headphones, for the most part i tend to keep it at a point just where i can hear all the tell sound signatures the game provides so i don't miss anything that would provide useful intel

in the end, this is an individual call

Mostly i first watch the movie a few times with all trees etc invisible and medium sound.

When i have seen all important stuff, i put on trees etc. and no base color. Now i watch movie again on level 1 with more sound to give me the "you are there" feeling smile.gif !

But i have only 2 desk top speakers.

Will having a 5 or 6 speaker surround set give me a far better sound experience with CM ???

Monty

i don't think surround sound is probably going to add that much for you with CM

if you were talking about an FPS it'd be a different story since positional sounds behind you could give you vital details that your about to be attacked from that direction

the sound in CM isn't as vital in that way since you can zoom into any part of the battle field you like and look at the situation as many times as you want whereas in fps it's a real time battlefield situation you usually find yourself in where real time directional sound feedback is useful

in short, a decent pair of sennheiser headphones would probably be more useful (in truth, probably more useful in both of the above situations) - i can pick up really quiet details on my phones that i'd never hear on my speakers unless i had them cranked (at which point the rest of my family would go into revolt at the noise level) ;)

[ September 08, 2003, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: easytarget ]