How to order your squad to move to other sides inside of buildings

I had a couple of my squads inside 2 adjacent high rise building on its top level and then enemy troops started to appear from the south. My first squad was already on the right side of the building and opened fire on the enemy while my second squad on just the adjacent building refused to move to the other side to fire on the enemy squads :confused: .

How do you order your squad to change cover once inside a building? I tried facing and other moving orders all to no avail... :(

Facing works for me. Were one or more squad members actions set to Planning? That bug immobilises the squad and I've found the only option is to split it (assuming US forces) and continue on with the functioning half squad.

Otherwise, with movement problems, I tend to direct squads to clear but safe ground and issue a fresh movement order.

hehe... speaking of not moving, one of my syrian special forces hq's were severely hampered by the fact that one of their guys wouldnt leave the GAZ they had been traveling in... it wasnt that he wouldnt disembark... it was the fact that he disembarked inside it... so he was just standing on the back seat and couldnt move hehehe...

(lucky tho, since he was the only one that didnt die in my failed assault later)

I've only experienced the planning bug once in George's Hammertime mission. Basically one or more of your squad members' actions is set to Planning and, as a result, the entire squad no longer accepts orders. For the US, the way I alleviated this problem was to split the squad and the two men stuck in Planning loops stayed in one fire team while I resumed command of the other team.