Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How to tell a unit to stop firing?

You can issue a move command and tell the unit it to start moving after a certain dely in time (15, 30, 45,... seconds).

Is there a similar command (in WEGO) for telling a unit to stop (area) firing after some seconds?

I want to prevent units from running out of ammo in one minute of high volume area fire (especially Strykers with 40mm grenade launcher and such which have quite limited HE ammo).

Originally posted by sgtgoody (esq):

You can pause and then fire during the last part of the turn I think[...]

How is this done? It would be just as good.

For now I don't really care if the firing starts at the beginning of a turn and ends after 30 sec. for example or if the firing starts at the end of the turn after a 30 sec. pause.

A pity that this is not in, I think I remebered one of the devs said something like this will be in, but apperantly my memory is wrong or it is not in...

As for directly targeting an enemy: right, the firing unit will cease fire once the unit is in cover and invisible. But units in buildings for example are never really visible in my experience and the only way to fire at them is by area fire which will last unitl cease fire command by the player or the unit running out of ammo.

Originally posted by zwobot:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by sgtgoody (esq):

You can pause and then fire during the last part of the turn I think[...]

How is this done? It would be just as good.

For now I don't really care if the firing starts at the beginning of a turn and ends after 30 sec. for example or if the firing starts at the end of the turn after a 30 sec. pause.

A pity that this is not in, I think I remebered one of the devs said something like this will be in, but apperantly my memory is wrong or it is not in...

As for directly targeting an enemy: right, the firing unit will cease fire once the unit is in cover and invisible. But units in buildings for example are never really visible in my experience and the only way to fire at them is by area fire which will last unitl cease fire command by the player or the unit running out of ammo. </font>