crash while playing Assault on Precinct 13 v1.8

Hi

I'm using a Mac SR MBP with 4gb ram and a 160 gb HD/7200 and the nvidia 256 video chip for this laptop. Wenever I try to play "assault n Precinct 13 v1.8 I get a fatal error which ends up crashing XP.

Has anyone noticed this happening? prior to it crashing I hear a clicking noise and then the game freezes for a few seconds then up pops the blue screen error report.

Error report after CMSF crashes system.

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 0A0D000E BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000

BCP4 : B87ED7B9 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Technical Info on crash

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa3a7.dir00\Mini060108-05.dmp

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa3a7.dir00\sysdata.xml

Wen I play other scenaios or the campaign I don't have any problems ...so far at least.

I have all the drivers for my macbookpro installed.

Is it possible this scenario is jinxed?

Patrick

Hi

It seems the game crashes on other scenarios and campaign games as well. some games are fine some aren't those that do crash though it seems to be some sore of graphic conflict at the instructions on the blue screen says to check my Bios and change my settings on shadows?

I'm using a SR MacBook Pro with 256 MB VRam Nvidia chip.

So is this a video card problem? Do I need a new driver? How do I go into BIOS?

thnaks

Patrick

Hmm, difficult...

You certainly should check if you have the latest drivers for your Vcard.

This would be the easiest way out.

Otherwise you need to check your BIOS entries for settings associated with your Vcard.

I have no idea if this works the same on a Macbook, but BIOS can normally be accesses by pressing a certain button during the booting sequence, for example "Del". You should notice a line on the screen during the booting which says something like "press Del to enter BIOS".