Freeze when saving game.

I'm playing Bardosy's Narwick campaign. On mission 8, any time within approximately the last 35 mins, I'm unable to save. The game freezes when I click on save on the screen.

I'm playing WEGO, and at this point in the battle there a lot of units on the field, plus loads of smoke, artillery bombardments etc, so I'm guessing (and it is only a guess) that the problem is to do with the amount of date being collected.

Having said that, though, I did finish the battle once, but couldn't save at the end and move on to the next one.

I've saved plenty of times before in many other battles, but can't figure whether this is limited to this particular scenario, my pc, or is a general in-game bug.

OK, I managed to sort it by saving every turn for that last thirty minutes and, before clicking save, turning the camera to a more or less empty, un-busy part of the map. This seems to suggest that the problem is, as I guessed, linked to the amount of (visual) data the save has to collect.