Getting Paradox version to work?

Anyone with the Paradox version managed to apply the 1.07 patch and get the thing to run without it popping up with the Securom 'virtual drive detected' message?

I haven't got any virtual drive installed to my knowledge so its baffling...

I'll been in conatct with Securom support who have sent me three different .exe's to try but still the same error.

Anyone managed to solve this to get it working?

Forgive me if this implies a lack of observation on your part, but are you sure that you installed the Paradox version of the 1.07 patch ?

Here's the Gamershell download:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_23346.shtml

If that isn't the issue, then I'm unsure of where to look if the Securom patches have done nothing for you. You're pretty certain that no copy of 'Alcohol', 'Daemon Tools' or any other virtual drive program isn't installed on your computer ? I'm not sure what the 'Securom' program code is looking for, a potential .DLL file or what in order to determine that a 'virtual drive' is running.

Yep defintely installed the Paradox version of the ptach - and I've had three updated exes from Securom to try and cure the problem but no joy...

I haven't got daemon tools, alcohol or any of the other 'dodgy' software that it might conflict with -

The only thing i can think of is something like an anti-spyware CCleaner/RegCleaner or maybe Norton ghost in the background it doesns't like. However I tried restarting in 'safe mode' with minimal drivers etc and got the same error.

I'll have another look just in case

I can't recall the specific software, but some users on here mentioned a problem with a particular anti-spyware package. Uninstalling it got Securom and CMSF working properly.

It was in this thread that someone mentioned turning off / uninstalling their anti-spyware package helped 1.07 run.

Ooopppss... looks like you were the last poster in that thread. You may want to (temporarily) uninstall Norton Anti-virus and once rebooted, see how well that works.

[ March 25, 2008, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Cheers for the suggestion - not sure if I want to uninstall Norton completly - its on a rolling subscription so I'm a bit wary of that.

Unless Securom come up with an answer I might just buy another copy from Battlefront... Anyone know what the shipping time is to the UK? (couldn't see it on the Storefront).

From the email order confirmation I got when I ordered my copy from Battlefront:

SHIPPING AND DELIVERY TIMES

In stock items are shipped out within 1-2 BUSINESS days after receipt.

Backordered and Pre-Order items are shipped out when they become available.

Orders with both In stock and Pre-Ordered or Backordered items will ship once ALL items are available.

Normal shipping is via US Postal Service Priority Mail for US customers and US Postal Service 1st Class Airmail for International ones.

For US, Canada, Mexico, and Pacific Rim/Australia Orders Your order is being shipped from the northeastern United States. For European customers you order is being shipped from Ireland.

Once shipped the transit time is ROUGHLY as follows:

US East Coast: 3-5 Business Days

US West Coast: 3-7 Business Days

Canada/Mexico: 2-4 Weeks (customs is inconsistent to these countries)

Europe: 3-10 Business Days (varies greatly depending on country)

Pacific Rim/Australia: 2-4 Weeks

My guess is that you would be on the lower end of that 3-10 business days spread, given your relative proximity to the warehouse in Ireland.

Cheers,

YD

Originally posted by Flashheart:

Anyone managed to solve this to get it working?

Yes, I just got the game and found a solution that worked at least for me.

1. Install the game and allow the program to install the CMSF shortcut on your desktop.

2. Install the Paradox 1.07 patch and allow it also to install the CMSF shortcut on your desktop.

Now you should have two shortcuts to CMSF, the first one named "Combat Mission Shock Force" and the second one "CM Shock Force".

The game starts well with the former, but not with the latter. Go figure.

M

EDIT: I also disabled DAEMON tools and any excisting virtual drive I had before installing the game. I didn't reboot, though.

Originally posted by Flashheart:

Hey thanks Sven - I'll give that a try and see if that solution works...

CORRECTION: No it doesn't work. I had installed the path in a wrong folder so obviously the first shotcut was pointing to the 1.0 version of the game.

No wonder the solution didn't make any sense...

EDIT: Got the Securom patch and now the game works just fine.

[ March 27, 2008, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Sven Dufva ]