The Humvee Crawl of Death?

I've seen humvees in the game use a slow movement order to retreat when under heavy fire. It would appear that they're using the same logic as infantry (with sometimes disastrous results).

Of course, on a side note, it'd be nice if the infantry TacAI stopped using slow movement orders altogether. I know they sometimes use fast movement orders to retreat now, but I've still seen a lot of situations where squads in the game just sit there with slow movement orders, in the open, taking fire..and I can't get them to bug out no matter how hard I try. I don't really see the point -- I've never seen squads in game make it to safety with slow movement.

• 2 weeks later...

It may be because you can only control a humvee by inserting infantry into it? then the humvee behaves as the infantry does? just a guess.

I think infantry use slow to fall back sometimes because they crawl and therefore are in immediate cover. Not perfect maybe i know but thats possibly why.