Unable to run 1.07

I have checked the troubleshooting guide as well as the forum and I have not seen this problem mentioned.

When I click the CM:SF Icon I get

The application failed to initialize properly

(0xc0000005)click on OK to terminate the application.

I tried a complete reinstall and got the same error with the unpatched version 1.0. I then applied the patch and still the same error.

I have never had a problem running the game before.

I updated the Nvidia drivers to 169.21 as well as renaming the intro video, still the same error

Athlon 64 Dual Core 4600+

Win XP Pro SP2

2Gb Ram

2x Nvidia 7600 GT 256mb in SLI

Thanks for any help

H_2

I suspect the first port of call is to confirm 100% that you have downloaded the right patch for which ever version you originally bought.

So if you bought the Paradox version did you download the Paradox “all inclusive” (i.e. all previous versions of the Paradox version) patch?

or

if you bought the BFC version did you download the BFC “all inclusive” (i.e. all previous versions of the BFC version) patch?

or

if you bought the Gamersgate version did you download the Gamersgate “all inclusive” (i.e. all previous versions of the Gamersgate version) patch?

This seems to be at the heart of most people’s upgrade issues.

While these were originally meant as suggestions to help Nvidia video cards run Theatre of War, you might want to apply the same settings to see if they help with your issue in CMSF:

For people with Nvidia video cards, try setting the following options in the Nvidia Control Panel. Your results may vary so try them one at a time to judge if there is any difference.

Set "Threaded Optimizations" to OFF

Set "Extension Limit" to OFF

Set "Triple Buffering" to ON

Before you try that though, I would recommend that you first reinstall your Nvidia drivers (be sure and uninstall them first to be sure they update properly), and then reinstall DirectX 9, which you can get from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

Madmatt

Same error

I did everything recommended, DX9, reinstalled 169.21 changed all 3 of the settings listed. I was previously running Nvidia 169.04 and only updated to 169.21 after the error.I also never had any problem running it on 169.04 until 1.07 was applied.

Any more ideas I will be standing by.

Thanks

H_2