Questions about processors

I don't have a problem YET, but I'm anticipating having to upgrade my processor when the new Enhanced LOS is introduced in the next patch. My budget is around $300US, more if I'm ESPECIALLY nice to my wife. :D

I have Vista 64bit operating system so I'd like a 64 bit quad processor but I don't want to stuff up my CMSF experience. I play this game almost exclusively on my computer so it's important that it runs.

How well is SF handled by quad core processors?

Is anybody using them successfully?

Any recommendations?

I'm using a q6600, native speed 2.4Ghz overclocked to 3.2Ghz. 8800GTX graphics. Vista 64 Ultimate. (8 Gb ram).

All is good in CMSF.

Unlike rune, none of the CMx1 titles work for me.

With your budget of 300, a medium quad/dual core would eat up all of it. Is your motherboard dual/quad capable? If not, you'll have to factor that cost as well. (Sorry if you've already considered that.)

Regards,

Ken

c3k,

If you are having the video problem with the CMX1 line, it was fixed for my rig with messing with the fsaa. I have pretty much the same rig as you, but with 2 TB or hd space in raid array, so if i lose a hd I dont't lose all the work I did.

Yep, I create the monster scenarios...some day I will release my Republician Guard vs a company of Abrams. Was doing ok untill the smoke of burning tanks brought the system to its knees. Steve and Charles hate it when I make test scenarios... I put so many trees in one Charles needed an immediate wine infusion.

Rune