Mac external monitors support and "Shadows" update

Well I've had a win!

My 1st generation MacBook Pro (2.16Ghz) running OS X 10.5.1 can now use my external Apple 23" screen when running Windows under Boot Camp 2.0 smile.gifsmile.gif

How?

Well I installed a different set of ATI drivers (for both the monitor and the "Catalyst Control Center") available from:

New ATI drivers

This installs version 8.353 of both (although the "Catalyst Control Center" also claims to be version 2007.0313.2139.36813) and for the first time (that I've seen anyway) offers a "clone" option.

The end result is that I can now run both the MacBook Pro and 23" screen at a resolution of 1,440 x 900.

If the MacBook Pro is connected to the external screen at startup it supports it. If I switch to the big screen after starting Windows I need to run the CCC setup again and select "clone" as an option. Not as seamless as pressing F7 but now at least I can use the MacBook Pro running Windows with projectors, etc.

How does CM:SF look?

Here are the settings:

settings1.jpg

Here is the image:

shadows1.jpg

I'm also aware that I can make the problem go away by turning the shadows "off".

Anyway may be of help to anyone else out there in the same boat.