Severe stuttering during gameplay

Has anyone else had this problem? The framerate for the game is fine, but every thirty seconds to a minute the game will redraw all the textures and scenery, causing the game to hang for a second or so. While playable, it's very annoying. I have the Battlefront version of the game patched to 1.04. Here are my system specs:

Intel Core Duo @ 1.86 Ghz

MSI P6N nForce 650i Motherboard

2 GB of RAM

PNY GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a similar system to you and don't experience any slow down or stuttering while running CMSF on max settings.

Intel Duo 1.86 Ghz (at 3 Ghz)

2 Gb Ram

8800 GTS 320 Mb

1680 x 1050 Resolution

Stuttering can be caused many many things, here are a couple of guides that may help you track down your problem.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Graphics_1.html

http://www.tweakguides.com/TGTC.html

If its a consistent amount of time between stutters my guess is that you have something running in the background (perhaps your email or an IM program) which is taking up CPU cycles on a fixed schedule, which would cause the jumps you see.

As suggested above, read over some of those tweak guides (but be careful) and try and make sure that only CMSF is running when you play to see if the problem goes away.

Madmatt