Loading Problem - Hanging at 50% on certain missions

Hey,

I've seen a similiar bug, but not the exact same bug.

Problem occurs in loading the campaign mission after Der as Salud (spelling, its the capture a city block, capture the airport building) with a total victory US result (no losses and all but 13 of the Syrians dead, thank you mr 155mm battery).

It then hangs on reaching the 50% mark trying to load the next mission and stops reading from the hardrive.

I also discovered the same problem with the factory outlet missions.

I'm running a P4 3.2, 1 gig ram, 6800gt, with plenty of harddrive space.

Before someone tells me to ditch the box, I'm about to upgrade, just waiting to see if the DX10 card issues are resolved with this title and armed assault before making a final decision.

Have you tried to just wait more? I thought the game crashed there as it didn't seem to do anything. I waited about 2 minutes watching that 50% mark, I got bored and I left the computer. Few minutes later I came back and the next mission was ready to start.

I did the exact same thing. Why fight when you can shell? Same result- stuck at 50% on next mission. CMSF wasn't responding so I ended the app. I have a save game in the mission. Hopefully it won't repeat. I'll try just leaving it.

Pentium 830d, 2 gigs RAM, 2 7800GTX SLI

EDIT: OK, now that it loaded it's clear that it's just a big map.

[ August 12, 2007, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: thelmia ]

I installed today the new paradox 1.02 patch (78mb) but still the same problem. I tried before to load savegame from mission before the night stalker and i complete it and played then again the night stalker to total victory but it keeps stucking to 50%.