multiplayer with router

I can neither host nor join a mp game, seemingly because I have a home network sitting behind a Belkin router. Cannot figure out how to get around setting up my router laregly because router config manuals seem to be written for alien species, not ordinary human beings. Same prob exists with TOW - and in fact, any mp game these days.

So as things stand my mp gaming days are over. It's been nine months since I routered up, and haven't been able to play anything via tcp/ip since. What a pain!

Is there not an easy way around this?

Seems to be a useful site, but still quite complicated to follow for a simple soul like me. Tried it, but lost my internet connection. Something to do with dynamic vs static ip address, I think (I've got dynamic and my isp doesn't seem to be able to give me a static). Followed the portforward com instructions for that but, like I say, it killed my connection.

It's a bugger.

There really ought to be a simple solution. Currently it feels like a giant step backwards. I know others who have the same issue, and its basically killing online gaming.

• 1 year later...