Possible Fix for lockups

Hi all,

Like many of you, I was having two problems.

1)Bad performance

2)random lockups, sometimes kicking me back to the desktop, sometimes the screen just froze.

I have dual core processor, AMD type, running Vista 32 bit version, and the dreaded 8800GTX Nvidia card, known for its fair share of problems.

I did two things, the first is posted all over the place regarding the CPU affinity to use only one processor. And the second fix I have not seen anyone else mention, and that is to lower the priority down to normal.

For some reason, the game is setup to run at a higher than normal priority, which for me, caused problems, and to be honest, Ive never seen a game be anything other then "Normal".

To change the priority, simply launch the game from your desktop, then while your seing the menu screen, bring up task manager (hold down the keys "CTRL+SHIFT+Esc") then locate the game on the table labeled "Processes". The game can be found as "CM Shock Force.exe"

Now that you have found it, right click upon it, choose "Set Priority" then choose normal.

Next, if you have dual core processors, right click and set the Affinity to use only one processor.

For me, this cleared up all the stuttering, flashing shadows, locking up etc... although there is still other bugs in the game, but those are not show stoppers (atleast the ones Ive see so far arnt..)

Originally posted by Panzerfest:

This worked for me in conjunction with uninstalling the ATI catalyst software, unfortunately I have to set affinity + priority every time I start the game up (is this normal??), but at least Im playing!

Yes, thats just the way windows works, it wont keep the setting.

Although, for a program to run at a higher priority, its normaly done from within the program, which makes me wonder why it was set so high... Kinda odd.. If anyone knows of a way to keep it at normal prioriy, I would be greatfull for the info since its a pain to keep changing it.