Artillery Cease Fire Bugged

I was playing the 1st battle of the Campaign and ran into some real oddness with my FSV and FIST. I called in a strike with the FIST (155mm M777) and realized I didn't need the strike any longer so I chose the 'cease fire' option for the strike.

For the next ~10 turns, the arty strike was labeled 'Cease Fire' and the number of guns was a huge negative number (-274563429385745349 for instance). About 75% of the time when I clicked on the this weird screen the game would crash with the XP Bug Report screen superimposed on top of the frozen CM:SF screen.

After roughly 10 turns the arty screen no longer was labeled 'Cease Fire' and I could call in new missions without weirdness or crashing. I think calling off arty strikes is bugged.

I have some savegames of the game in this weird state if BTS wants to poke around.

I have an AMD X2 and an nVidia 8800GTS. I'm not using the dual core optimizer, I have the latest chipset, CPU and video drivers (all drivers for that matter. I use the single CPU affinity trick while I'm playing.