Increasing small arms' lethality

Hi everyone. smile.gif

I just bought the game, and I have to say I'm really impressed with it. Very realistic, hard and tactical, just about my favourite kind of game. However there are a few (rather small) touches which I'd like to add before playing, as I usually do with my games. For example, it seems that a single rifle bullet to the chest is never enough to kill a man. Is there any way to increase the lethality vs infantry alone of a bullet or vice versa, decrease healthpoints of enemy and own infantry?

Secondly I'd like custom difficulty settings, something like this: Easy - Increased health points and accuracy for my men; Normal - Increased accuracy for my men; Veteran - My soldiers and the enemy ones are on par with abilities.

I'm not new to modding and had a little experience with Faces of War before this. I have SFSExtractor and a filelist.txt from http://www.cmmods.com/ .

So, which files and which values should I edit to have the game this way?

Originally posted by Sneaksie:

Human hitpoints are hardcoded. You can modify bullet damage, but this should be done for each small arm you think is not powerful enough)

Thanks for the answer. Anyway I found out myself how to change the lethality of different bullets, it's the files in the the data/ammo/ folders. You just have to tweak the SolidPower value to your liking and you're done. I advise not to overdo it as, if I'm correct, buildings and stuff absorb that same amount of damage. Not the most realistic thing seeing a building collapse after a single rifle hit. tongue.gif

I think I might release my tweaked files, the gameplay seems to work very well so far. No big changes, just a bit more tactical if anything. It should work with both the unmodded "vanilla" version of the game and JSH. Is anyone interested\willing to host the files?

Also I could not find anything about the difficulty settings, are they hardcoded as well?