CMAK-CMBO

I wish! But, alas after CMAK I think it's all about the new engine for the guys at BFC.

Hopefully they will revisit the western front when the release the next game, way in the future.

On a up note, you will be able to do a lot of nw europe scenarios with CMAK, plus with some mods it'll look great.

Jordan "AstroCat"

Originally posted by dugfromthearth:

I'm assuming CMAK will kill CMBO. New engine with American and British forces.

It should be noted that CMAK will not have a "new" engine, but more or less the same one that is in CMBB, which in turn is an incremental improvement of the original engine in CMBO. The NEW engine, variously known as CMII and CMx2, is expected out in a couple of years and it hasn't yet been announced what its subject matter will be. The original schedule discussed by BFC was that the fourth iteration of CM would be on the first months of the war covering Poland, Norway, France and the low countries, and the Balkan/Greek campaigns, but lately BFC has been hedging on that commitment. So time will tell.

It may not include Normany bocage but it should cover everything else you need for France.
That's probably more or less true. I'm sure the ETO fans among the scenario designers will recast their wares to work in AK.

Michael

[ November 16, 2003, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: Michael Emrys ]

More specifically, they have said that there will be a 'tall hedge' terrain which will, in a pinch simulate bocage (as well as a dedicated vineyard terrain). Actually, there was a rather lengthy thread about this in the CMAK forum. It appears that most of the units needed to passably simulate the post DDay fighting will be available as well.

I'm not sure that everyting from CMBO will make it, but I am mostly interested in CMAK for the European fighting rather than the African. My real complaint with CMBB is that the lack of cover makes the games tactically less interesting to me. I worry that the desert will only exascerbate that problem. Without serious revision of coverpanic AI behavior, infantry fighting in much of North Africa will be a joke.

I have already IDed a number of CMBO scenarios that I would love to remake for AK, and many more classics that I would love to play.