Retreat

I applaud Battlefront and 1C for Theatre of War! :D That said, I'd like to bring up a point or two.

To illustrate, in playing the German campaign with the "Ignore Campaign Loss" option selected, my force was decimated when the two groups of Russian tanks counter-attacked. I lost a lot of good soldiers, and only a handful of my men survived to see the 'You have lost - click here to continue' (obviously not a direct quote tongue.gif ) box pop up.

As a wise tactical commander, on seeing my lead squads being wiped out by T-34s, I would have had my reinforcement squads pile back into the trucks and get the hell outta there. But, as it was, the AI hunted down my half-dozen remaining men, and I was forced to tackle the next mission with a bunch of green troops (with my force understrength to boot).

I think the "Ignore Campaign Loss" option is worthwhile -- it provides a realistic alternative to the you-didn't-do-it-right-so-do-it-over rule of most games. But without the ability to leave the map -- and thus forfeit the battle in hopes of not losing the war -- I can only forfeit the battle and my valuable troops.

Consider it a suggestion: In moving off the friendly side of the map, you forfeit (i.e., 'lose') the battle but thus are able to prevent your forces from being wiped out (or as close to it as makes no odds).

Whadya think, folks?

Great idea but I think you should be somewhat restricted to have had suffered some losses first (say ~50%) and you would need to retreat every remaining unit to the deploy area.

In addition it would be even better to have dynamic campaigns with different follow-up szenarios for different results i.ex. "Major Victory", "Minor Victory", "Minor Defeat", "Major Defeat" and maybe even "Draw".

That would be really great but i somehow doubt we will see this (soon).