Polish Campaign(it's long)

Ok, I'm wondering, are you supposed to be destroyed during Polish Campaign?

In first mission, I hold off the tanks for a while and try flanking using my tanks, but they get knocked out when the IIIs come out with their HV guns, and when it said counter attack, I saw I couldn't win because I had only a few trucks and like 4 infantry men who wouldn't be killed, and just sent like 10-20 after the German's. I got most of their infantry, but the tanks mowed me down and captured the heights.

The second one where you're attacking the battery, I used some AT Guns to kill all but 1 of the gun crews on hill, and had 1 Tankette and 2 squads of infantry go left while I had 2 tanks go right with teh rest of infantry, and got attacked by PZs, which killed all the infantry on right, than I knocked out all but 1 tank in initial attack. Than my only tankette on left got hit by last AT Gun, and I was able to take the hill, but when the new PZs came by I had to abandon hill, and I had my guys run away from hill, and we got followed by germans. The last tank got knocked out. That time I got reinforced and I could only hope to take the Panzers by suprise, but they saw us first and while they were knocking me out, my infantry from before got to hill, and used AT guns on PZs, and knocked out some of them, but than the PZs took them all out.

The last mission, I could't really do much cause I got caught at trenches, but I got 5 german tanks to 5 lost tanks, and 56 german infantry to 54 of mine(I had tankers with pistols chasing the german tankers)

Is there any way to actually win this campaign? I did so much better in French Campaign until I had to defend the town with 3-4 bridges

I wish I had the mortar units like in CM, but this isn't CM>_<, I still miss those units though, were very helpful in defenses

Oh Yeah this is on highest level, not sure with morale or not, the flag isn't highlighted

[ December 10, 2007, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: OES95 ]

Polish missions 2 and 3 are very hard, it's possible to win them, but requires luck. First mission is more easy, trade 2 Bofors guns for one more 75mm and you should prevail if position them correctly so they will be partly shielded by hill slope.

Second mission is very hard for me, but if you manage to hold the hill you can try to use German AT guns against them.

Third mission is tough too, here is a nearby thread about it: http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=67;t=000077

Some people managed to win it by retreating to the river and holding the advance from reverse slope, killing German tanks and infantry when they appear above them at close range.

If you play on highest difficulty level, morale is always on.

• 2 weeks later...

its not so hard. in big tanks(50armor) aim on turret. when you damage the main gun, aim on another tank. immobilize and finish them later. always concentrate fire of all your guns on one tank, damage his gun, then move to another. when youre aiming on light armored cars(15armor) and tanks, dont aim on specific spot. its harder to hit with precise aiming(tracks/body/turret). you have chance, that youll destroy them with first shot. be sure, that your tank and gun crew is experienced(esp leader and gunner). good luck

i forgot few tips:

use deploy phase to find best position( crossfire pockets, hull down positions)

dont move if you dont need to.

but i have some questions too:

infantry seems to be useless against tanks and attacking inf units. (including situations when my units are in trenches)

infantry is unable knock out or even immobilize tank.

are you planning tweak infantry vs infantry and infantry vs tanks and light armor?

It's very early war infantry and Poles don't have AT grenades, so only AT weapons are AT rifles, which are weak, but still can help.

Don't let them waste ammo firing at tanks 300m away - open fire from 100m and less at tank sides. AT rifle bullets have little effect after penetrating armor, so aim at different parts of the tank to kill or wound all crewmen.